ICD-10-CM Section P84
Other problems with newborn
Coding Notes for Section P84
- Section Notes:
- Codes from this chapter are for use on newborn records only, never on maternal records
Section Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Conditions that have their origin in the fetal or perinatal period (before birth through the first 28 days after birth) even if morbidity occurs later
Section Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities - instead, use Section Q00-Q99
- Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases - instead, use Section E00-E88
- Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes - instead, use Section S00-T88
- Neoplasms - instead, use Section C00-D49
- Tetanus neonatorum - instead, use Code A33