ICD-10-CM Code P84
Other problems with newborn
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P84 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other problems with newborn. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P84 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Acidemia of newborn
- Acidosis of newborn
- Anoxia of newborn NOS
- Asphyxia of newborn NOS
- Hypercapnia of newborn
- Hypoxemia of newborn
- Hypoxia of newborn NOS
- Mixed metabolic and respiratory acidosis of newborn
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Intracranial hemorrhage due to anoxia or hypoxia - instead, use code P52.-
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy [HIE] - instead, use code P91.6-
- Late metabolic acidosis of newborn - instead, use code P74.0
- DRG Group #794 - Neonate with other significant problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Age at onset of clinical finding (observable entity)
- < 29.0 days
- Impaired spontaneous ventilation (finding)
- Compensated respiratory acidosis (disorder)
- Ineffective breathing pattern (finding)
- Ineffective airway clearance (finding)
- Apparent life-threatening event (finding)
- Left side of chest moves less than right (finding)
- Acute anoxic encephalopathy (disorder)
- Cerebral anoxia complication (disorder)
- Anoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P84 - Other problems with newborn'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P84. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P84 and a single ICD9 code, 775.81 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.