ICD-10-CM Code R68.2
Dry mouth, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R68.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of dry mouth, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R682 is used to code Xerostomia
Xerostomia (also termed dry mouth as a symptom or dry mouth syndrome as a syndrome) is dryness in the mouth (xero- + stom- + -ia), which may be associated with a change in the composition of saliva, or reduced salivary flow (hyposalivation), or have no identifiable cause.
|ICD 9 Code:||527.7|
Coding Notes for R68.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dry mouth due to dehydration - instead, use code E86.0
- Dry mouth due to sicca syndrome [Sjögren] - instead, use code M35.0-
- Salivary gland hyposecretion - instead, use code K11.7
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R68.2 - Dry mouth, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R68.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R68.2 and a single ICD9 code, 527.7 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.