ICD-10-CM Code R75
Inconclusive laboratory evidence of human immunodeficiency virus [HIV]
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R75 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of inconclusive laboratory evidence of human immunodeficiency virus [HIV]. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for R75 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Nonconclusive HIV-test finding in infants
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Asymptomatic human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] infection status - instead, use Code Z21
- Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease - instead, use Section B20
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R75 - Inconclusive laboratory evidence of human immunodeficiency virus [HIV]'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R75. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code R75 and a single ICD9 code, 795.71 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.