ICD-10-CM Code S21.209A
Unspecified open wound of unspecified back wall of thorax without penetration into thoracic cavity, initial encounter
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
S21.209A is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified open wound of unspecified back wall of thorax without penetration into thoracic cavity, initial encounter. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code S21 is used to code Chest injury
A chest injury is any form of physical injury to the chest including the ribs, heart and lungs. Chest injuries account for 25% of all deaths from traumatic injury. Typically chest injuries are caused by blunt mechanisms such as motor vehicle collisions or penetrating mechanisms such as stabbings.
|ICD 9 Code:||959.11|
A chest X-ray of a right sided pulmonary contusion associated with flail chest and subcutaneous emphysema
- DRG Group #604-605 - Trauma to the skin, subcut tissue and breast with MCC.
- DRG Group #604-605 - Trauma to the skin, subcut tissue and breast without MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with CC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma without CC or MCC.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code S21.209A and a single ICD9 code, 876.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.