ICD-10-CM Section T14
Injury of unspecified body region
- T14 Injury of unspecified body region NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE T14.8 of unspecified body region
- T14.9 NON-BILLABLE
- T14.90 Injury, unspecified BILLABLE
- T14.91 Suicide attempt BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Section T14
- Section Notes:
- Use secondary code(s) from Chapter 20, External causes of morbidity, to indicate cause of injury. Codes within the T section that include the external cause do not require an additional external cause code
- The chapter uses the S-section for coding different types of injuries related to single body regions and the T-section to cover injuries to unspecified body regions as well as poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes.
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify any retained foreign body, if applicable See code Z18.-
Section Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Birth trauma - instead, use Section P10-P15
- Obstetric trauma - instead, use Section O70-O71