ICD-10-CM Code T14.8
Other injury of unspecified body region
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
T14.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other injury of unspecified body region. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for T14.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Abrasion NOS
- Contusion NOS
- Crush injury NOS
- Fracture NOS
- Skin injury NOS
- Vascular injury NOS
- DRG Group #604-605 - Trauma to the skin, subcut tissue and breast with MCC.
- DRG Group #604-605 - Trauma to the skin, subcut tissue and breast without MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with MCC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma with CC.
- DRG Group #955-965 - Other multiple significant trauma without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Traumatic division of joint capsule (disorder)
- Traumatic blister of buttock, infected (disorder)
- Infection of puncture wound (disorder)
- Late effect of injury to nerve (disorder)
- Malunion and nonunion of fracture (disorder)
- Wasp sting without reaction (disorder)
- Bee sting without reaction (disorder)
- Accidental puncture during medical care (disorder)
- Accidental wound (disorder)
- Injury of anterior spinal artery (disorder)
- Traumatic spinal subdural hematoma (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T14.8 - Other injury of unspecified body region'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T14.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code T14.8 and a single ICD9 code, 959.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.