ICD-10-CM Code A02.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A02.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of salmonella sepsis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A02 is used to code Enteritis
Enteritis (entero- + -itis) is inflammation of the small intestine. It is most commonly caused by food or drink contaminated with pathogenic microbes. Symptoms include abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, dehydration, and fever. Inflammation of related organs of the gastrointestinal system are:
|MeSH Codes:||D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751|
|ICD 9 Codes:||5, 8, 9, 555, 556, 557, 558|
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis with mv 96+ hours.
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis without mv 96+ hours with MCC.
- DRG Group #870-872 - Septicemia or severe sepsis without mv 96+ hours without MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Sepsis due to Salmonella (disorder)
- Bacteremia due to Salmonella (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A02.1 - Salmonella sepsis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A02.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A02.1 and a single ICD9 code, 995.91 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.