ICD-10-CM Section B15-B19
- B19 Unspecified viral hepatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE B19.0 Unspecified viral hepatitis
- B19.1 Unspecified viral hepatitis NON-BILLABLE
- B19.2 Unspecified viral hepatitis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE B19.9 Unspecified viral hepatitis
Coding Notes for Section B15-B19
Section Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Diseases generally recognized as communicable or transmissible
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify resistance to antimicrobial drugs See code Z16.-
Section Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Certain localized infections - see body system-related chapters
Section Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Carrier or suspected carrier of infectious disease - instead, use code Z22.-
- Infectious and parasitic diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium - instead, use code O98.-
- Infectious and parasitic diseases specific to the perinatal period - instead, use Section P35-P39
- Influenza and other acute respiratory infections - instead, use Section J00-J22