ICD-10-CM Code A02.23
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A02.23 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of salmonella arthritis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A02 is used to code Enteritis
Enteritis (entero- + -itis) is inflammation of the small intestine. It is most commonly caused by food or drink contaminated with pathogenic microbes. Symptoms include abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, dehydration, and fever. Inflammation of related organs of the gastrointestinal system are:
|MeSH Codes:||D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751|
|ICD 9 Codes:||5, 8, 9, 555, 556, 557, 558|
- DRG Group #548-550 - Septic arthritis with MCC.
- DRG Group #548-550 - Septic arthritis with CC.
- DRG Group #548-550 - Septic arthritis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A02.23 - Salmonella arthritis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A02.23. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 003.23 was previously used, A02.23 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.