ICD-10-CM Code A18.16
Tuberculosis of cervix
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
A18.16 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tuberculosis of cervix. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A18 is used to code Tuberculosis
Tuberculosis (MTB, TB) is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but can also affect other parts of the body. Most infections do not have symptoms, known as latent tuberculosis. About 10% of latent infections eventually progresses to active disease which, if left untreated, kills about half of those infected. The classic symptoms of active TB are a chronic cough with blood-tinged sputum, fever, night sweats, and weight loss. This weight loss was what gave rise to the old term "consumption" for the disease. Infection of other organs can cause a wide range of symptoms.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|MeSH Codes:||D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376, D014376|
|ICD 9 Codes:||10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18|
Chest X-ray of a person with advanced tuberculosis: Infection in both lungs is marked by white arrow-heads, and the formation of a cavity is marked by black arrows.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tuberculous cervicitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A18.16 - Tuberculosis of cervix'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A18.16. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A18.16 and a single ICD9 code, 016.70 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.