ICD-10-CM Code A51.41
Secondary syphilitic meningitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
A51.41 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of secondary syphilitic meningitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code A51 is used to code Syphilis
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum subspecies pallidum. The signs and symptoms of syphilis vary depending in which of the four stages it presents (primary, secondary, latent, and tertiary). The primary stage classically presents with a single chancre (a firm, painless, non-itchy skin ulceration) but there may be multiple sores. In secondary syphilis a diffuse rash which frequently involves the palms of the hands and soles of the feet occurs. There may also be sores in the mouth or vagina. In latent syphilis there are little to no symptoms which can last for years. In tertiary syphilis there are gummas (soft non-cancerous growths), neurological, or heart symptoms. Syphilis has, however, been known as "the great imitator" as it may cause symptoms similar to many other diseases.
|MeSH Codes:||D013587, D013587, D013587, D013587, D013587, D013587, D013587, D013587|
|ICD 9 Codes:||90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97|
Electron micrograph of Treponema pallidum
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Secondary syphilitic meningitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'A51.41 - Secondary syphilitic meningitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code A51.41. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code A51.41 and a single ICD9 code, 091.81 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.