ICD-10-CM Code B02.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B02.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of zoster encephalitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B02 is used to code Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
herpes zoster ophthalmicus (hzo) and also known as ophthalmic zoster is a disease characterised by reactivation of dormant varicella zoster virus residing within the ophthalmic nerve (the first division of the trigeminal nerve).:380 this condition is an important subtype of shingles, representing 15% of all cases. herpes zoster ophthalmicus is transmitted via direct contact or droplets. varicella zoster virus is a dna virus which produces acidophilic intranuclear inclusion bodies. the virus is neurotrophic in nature.
|ICD 9 Code:||532.0|
Herpes zoster ophthalmicus
Coding Notes for B02.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Zoster meningoencephalitis
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Herpes zoster encephalitis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B02.0 - Zoster encephalitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B02.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B02.0 and a single ICD9 code, 053.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.