ICD-10-CM Code B02.24
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B02.24 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of postherpetic myelitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B022 is used to code Postherpetic neuralgia
Postherpetic neuralgia is a nerve pain due to damage caused by the varicella zoster virus. Typically, the neuralgia is confined to a dermatomic area of the skin, and follows an outbreak of herpes zoster (commonly known as shingles) in that same dermatomic area. The neuralgia typically begins when the herpes zoster vesicles have crusted over and begun to heal, but can begin in the absence of herpes zoster—a condition called zoster sine herpete (see Herpes zoster).
|MeSH Codes:||, D016697|
|ICD 9 Codes:||531.9, 531.1|
Coding Notes for B02.24 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Herpes zoster myelitis
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B02.24 - Postherpetic myelitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B02.24. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 053.14 was previously used, B02.24 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.