ICD-10-CM Code B02.29
Other postherpetic nervous system involvement
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B02.29 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other postherpetic nervous system involvement. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B022 is used to code Postherpetic neuralgia
Postherpetic neuralgia is a nerve pain due to damage caused by the varicella zoster virus. Typically, the neuralgia is confined to a dermatomic area of the skin, and follows an outbreak of herpes zoster (commonly known as shingles) in that same dermatomic area. The neuralgia typically begins when the herpes zoster vesicles have crusted over and begun to heal, but can begin in the absence of herpes zoster—a condition called zoster sine herpete (see Herpes zoster).
|MeSH Codes:||, D016697|
|ICD 9 Codes:||531.9, 531.1|
Coding Notes for B02.29 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Postherpetic radiculopathy
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #073-074 - Cranial and peripheral nerve disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Intercostal post-herpetic neuralgia (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B02.29 - Other postherpetic nervous system involvement'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B02.29. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code B02.29 and a single ICD9 code, 053.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.