ICD-10-CM Code B05.0
Measles complicated by encephalitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B05.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of measles complicated by encephalitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B05 is used to code Exanthem
An exanthem or exanthema (from Greek ἐξάνθημα exánthēma, "a breaking out") is a widespread rash usually occurring in children but can occur in adults. An exanthem can be caused by toxins, drugs, or microorganisms, or can result from autoimmune disease.
|MeSH Codes:||D005076, D005076, D005076, D005076, D005076|
|ICD 9 Codes:||34, 55, 56, 57, 782.1|
this disease in an adult
Coding Notes for B05.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Postmeasles encephalitis
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B05.0 - Measles complicated by encephalitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B05.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 055.0 was previously used, B05.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.