ICD-10-CM Code D68.312
Antiphospholipid antibody with hemorrhagic disorder
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D68.312 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of antiphospholipid antibody with hemorrhagic disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D68 is used to code Coagulopathy
Coagulopathy (also called a bleeding disorder) is a condition in which the blood’s ability to coagulate (form clots) is impaired. This condition can cause a tendency toward prolonged or excessive bleeding (bleeding diathesis or bleeding disorder), which may occur spontaneously or following an injury or medical and dental procedures.
|ICD 9 Code:
Coding Notes for D68.312 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Lupus anticoagulant (LAC) with hemorrhagic disorder
- Systemic lupus erythematosus [SLE] inhibitor with hemorrhagic disorder
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Antiphospholipid antibody, finding without diagnosis - instead, use code R76.0
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome - instead, use code D68.61
- Antiphospholipid antibody with hypercoagulable state - instead, use code D68.61
- Lupus anticoagulant (LAC) finding without diagnosis - instead, use code R76.0
- Lupus anticoagulant (LAC) with hypercoagulable state - instead, use code D68.62
- Systemic lupus erythematosus [SLE] inhibitor finding without diagnosis - instead, use code R76.0
- Systemic lupus erythematosus [SLE] inhibitor with hypercoagulable state - instead, use code D68.62
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D68.312 - Antiphospholipid antibody with hemorrhagic disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D68.312. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 286.53 was previously used, D68.312 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.