ICD-10-CM Code F31.7
Bipolar disorder, currently in remission
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F31.7 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of F31.7 that describes the diagnosis 'bipolar disorder, currently in remission' in more detail.
- F31.7 Bipolar disorder, currently in remission NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F31.70 Bipolar disorder, currently in
- BILLABLE F31.71 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.72 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.73 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.74 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.75 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.76 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.77 Bipolar disorder, in
- BILLABLE F31.78 Bipolar disorder, in
The ICD code F31 is used to code Bipolar disorder
Bipolar disorder, also known as bipolar affective disorder or manic depression, is a mental disorder characterized by periods of elevated mood and periods of depression. The elevated mood is significant and is known as mania or hypomania depending on the severity or whether there is psychosis. During mania an individual feels or acts abnormally happy, energetic, or irritable. They often make poorly thought out decisions with little regard to the consequences. The need for sleep is usually reduced. During periods of depression there may be crying, poor eye contact with others, and a negative outlook on life. The risk of suicide among those with the disorder is high at greater than 6% over 20 years, while self harm occurs in 30–40%. Other mental health issues such as anxiety disorder and substance use disorder are commonly associated.
|MeSH Codes:||D001714, D001714, D001714, D001714, D001714, D001714, D001714|
|ICD 9 Codes:||296.0, 296.1, 296.4, 296.5, 296.6, 296.7, 296.8|
Bipolar disorder is characterized by episodes of depression and mania
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Depressed bipolar I disorder in remission (disorder)
- Mixed bipolar affective disorder, in full remission (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F31.7 - Bipolar disorder, currently in remission'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F31.7. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: F31 - Bipolar disorder