ICD-10-CM Code F80.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Mental Health CodeIndicates that the ICD code is referenced in DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Version 5)
F80.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of phonological disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code F80 is used to code Specific developmental disorder
Specific developmental disorders are disorders in which development is delayed in one specific area or areas, and in which basically all other areas of development are not affected. Specific developmental disorders are as opposed to pervasive developmental disorders that are characterized by delays in the development of multiple basic functions including socialization and communication.
|MeSH Codes:||, D003147, D019952, D019952, D019952, D019952, D019952, D019952, D019952, D019952, D007806|
|ICD 9 Codes:||307.315, 315.3, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 315.3|
Coding Notes for F80.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Functional speech articulation disorder
- Phonological developmental disorder
- Speech articulation developmental disorder
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Speech articulation impairment due to aphasia NOS - instead, use code R47.01
- Speech articulation impairment due to apraxia - instead, use code R48.2
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Speech articulation impairment due to hearing loss - instead, use code F80.4
- Speech articulation impairment due to intellectual disabilities - instead, use Section F70-F79
- Speech articulation impairment with expressive language developmental disorder - instead, use code F80.1
- Speech articulation impairment with mixed receptive expressive language developmental disorder - instead, use code F80.2
- DRG Group #886 - Behavioral and developmental disorders.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F80.0 - Phonological disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F80.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code F80.0 and a single ICD9 code, 315.39 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.