ICD-10-CM Code F80.2
Mixed receptive-expressive language disorder
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Mental Health CodeIndicates that the ICD code is referenced in DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Version 5)
F80.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of mixed receptive-expressive language disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code F802 is used to code Aphasia
Aphasia is a combination of a speech and language disorder caused by damage to the brain that affects about one million individuals within the US. Most often caused by a cerebral vascular accident, which is also known as a stroke, aphasia can cause impairments in speech and language modalities. To be diagnosed with aphasia, a person's speech or language must be significantly impaired in one (or several) of the four communication modalities following acquired brain injury or have significant decline over a short time period (progressive aphasia). The four communication modalities are auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing, and functional communication.
|ICD 9 Codes:
Coding Notes for F80.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Developmental dysphasia or aphasia, receptive type
- Developmental Wernicke's aphasia
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Central auditory processing disorder - instead, use code H93.25
- Dysphasia or aphasia NOS - instead, use code R47.-
- Expressive language disorder - instead, use code F80.1
- Expressive type dysphasia or aphasia - instead, use code F80.1
- Word deafness - instead, use code H93.25
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Acquired aphasia with epilepsy [Landau-Kleffner] - instead, use code G40.80-
- Pervasive developmental disorders - instead, use code F84.-
- Selective mutism - instead, use code F94.0
- Intellectual disabilities - instead, use Section F70-F79
- DRG Group #886 - Behavioral and developmental disorders.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Complete aphasia (finding)
- Developmental dysphasia (finding)
- Restricted receptive language development (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F80.2 - Mixed receptive-expressive language disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F80.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code F80.2 and a single ICD9 code, 315.32 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.