ICD-10-CM Code G47.1
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code G47.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of G47.1 that describes the diagnosis 'hypersomnia' in more detail.
- G47.1 Hypersomnia NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code G471 is used to code Hypersomnia
In the 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published in May 2013, hypersomnia appears under sleep-wake disorders as hypersomnolence, of which there are several subtypes.
|MeSH Codes:||D006970, D006970, D006970, D006970, D006970, D006970, D006970, D006970|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 291.82, 292.85, 307.43, 307.44, 327.1, 780.53, 780.54|
Coding Notes for G47.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Alcohol-related hypersomnia (F10.182, F10.282, F10.982) - instead, use code F10.182
- Drug-related hypersomnia (F11.182, F11.282, F11.982, F13.182, F13.282, F13.982, F14.182, F14.282, F14.982, F15.182, F15.282, F15.982, F19.182, F19.282, F19.982) - instead, use code F11.182
- Hypersomnia due to a mental disorder - instead, use code F51.13
- Hypersomnia not due to a substance or known physiological condition - instead, use code F51.1-
- Primary hypersomnia - instead, use code F51.11
- Sleep apnea - instead, use code G47.3-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G47.1 - Hypersomnia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G47.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: G47 - Sleep disorders