ICD-10-CM Code H91
Other and unspecified hearing loss
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code H91 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of H91 that describes the diagnosis 'other and unspecified hearing loss' in more detail.
- H91 Other and unspecified hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- H91.0 hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- H91.1 NON-BILLABLE
- H91.2 hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE H91.3
- H91.8 Other hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- H91.8X Other specified hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
- H91.9 hearing loss NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code H91 is used to code Hearing loss
Hearing loss, also known as hearing impairment, or anacusis, is a partial or total inability to hear. An affected person may be described as hard of hearing. A deaf person has little to no hearing. Hearing loss may occur in one or both ears. In children hearing problems can affect the ability to learn language and in adults it can cause work related difficulties. In some people, particularly older people, hearing loss can result in loneliness. Hearing loss can be temporary or permanent.
|ICD 9 Code:||389|
The international symbol of deafness and hearing loss
Coding Notes for H91 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Abnormal auditory perception - instead, use code H93.2-
- Hearing loss as classified in H90.- - instead, use code H90.-
- Impacted cerumen - instead, use code H61.2-
- Noise-induced hearing loss - instead, use code H83.3-
- Psychogenic deafness - instead, use code F44.6
- Transient ischemic deafness - instead, use code H93.01-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'H91 - Other and unspecified hearing loss'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code H91. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.