ICD-10-CM Code I38
Endocarditis, valve unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I38 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of endocarditis, valve unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I38 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Endocarditis (chronic) NOS
- Valvular incompetence NOS
- Valvular insufficiency NOS
- Valvular regurgitation NOS
- Valvular stenosis NOS
- Valvulitis (chronic) NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital insufficiency of cardiac valve NOS - instead, use code Q24.8
- Congenital stenosis of cardiac valve NOS - instead, use code Q24.8
- Endocardial fibroelastosis - instead, use code I42.4
- Endocarditis specified as rheumatic - instead, use code I09.1
- DRG Group #306-307 - Cardiac congenital and valvular disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #306-307 - Cardiac congenital and valvular disorders without MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Mitral valve disorder in pregnancy (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I38 - Endocarditis, valve unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I38. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I38 and a single ICD9 code, 424.99 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.