ICD-10-CM Code I51.89
Other ill-defined heart diseases
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
I51.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other ill-defined heart diseases. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for I51.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Carditis (acute)(chronic)
- Pancarditis (acute)(chronic)
- DRG Group #302-303 - Atherosclerosis with MCC.
- DRG Group #302-303 - Atherosclerosis without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic bacterial endocarditis (disorder)
- Severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction (disorder)
- Pulmonary venous hypertension due to disorder of left heart (disorder)
- Acquired excessive restriction of interatrial communication (disorder)
- Excessive restriction of interatrial communication as complication of procedure (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'I51.89 - Other ill-defined heart diseases'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code I51.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code I51.89 and a single ICD9 code, 429.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.