ICD-10-CM Code K52.2
Allergic and dietetic gastroenteritis and colitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K52.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of allergic and dietetic gastroenteritis and colitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code K52 is used to code Enteritis
Enteritis (entero- + -itis) is inflammation of the small intestine. It is most commonly caused by food or drink contaminated with pathogenic microbes. Symptoms include abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, dehydration, and fever. Inflammation of related organs of the gastrointestinal system are:
|MeSH Codes:||D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751, D004751|
|ICD 9 Codes:||5, 8, 9, 555, 556, 557, 558|
Coding Notes for K52.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Food hypersensitivity gastroenteritis or colitis
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify type of food allergy (Z91.01-, Z91.02-) See code Z91.01-
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #391-392 - Esophagitis, gastroent and misc digest disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Diarrheic shellfish poisoning (disorder)
- Allergic gastroenteritis and colitis (disorder)
- Allergic sigmoiditis (disorder)
- Allergic colitis (disorder)
- Dietetic diarrhea (disorder)
- Dietetic jejunitis (disorder)
- Allergic jejunitis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K52.2 - Allergic and dietetic gastroenteritis and colitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K52.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K52.2 and a single ICD9 code, 787.91 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.