ICD-10-CM Code K91.89
Other postprocedural complications and disorders of digestive system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
K91.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other postprocedural complications and disorders of digestive system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for K91.89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code, if applicable, to further specify disorder
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Postprocedural retroperitoneal abscess - instead, use code K68.11
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #393-395 - Other digestive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Stricture of rectum due to radiation (disorder)
- Esophageal anastomotic stricture (disorder)
- Diarrhea and vomiting after gastrointestinal tract surgery (disorder)
- Leakage of bile from incision of common bile duct (disorder)
- Post-cholecystectomy bile leakage (disorder)
- Bile leakage after removal of T-tube (disorder)
- Pancreatic duct anastomotic stricture (disorder)
- Bowel-bypass syndrome (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'K91.89 - Other postprocedural complications and disorders of digestive system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code K91.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code K91.89 and a single ICD9 code, 997.49 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.