ICD-10-CM Code M27.0
Developmental disorders of jaws
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M27.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of developmental disorders of jaws. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for M27.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Latent bone cyst of jaw
- Stafne's cyst
- Torus mandibularis
- Torus palatinus
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M27.0 - Developmental disorders of jaws'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M27.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M27.0 and a single ICD9 code, 526.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.