ICD-10-CM Code M72.8
Other fibroblastic disorders
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M72.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other fibroblastic disorders. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for M72.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Abscess of fascia
- Fasciitis NEC
- Other infective fasciitis
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to (B95.-, B96.-) identify causative organism See code B95.-
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Diffuse (eosinophilic) fasciitis - instead, use code M35.4
- Necrotizing fasciitis - instead, use code M72.6
- Nodular fasciitis - instead, use code M72.4
- Perirenal fasciitis NOS - instead, use code N13.5
- Perirenal fasciitis with infection - instead, use code N13.6
- Plantar fasciitis - instead, use code M72.2
- DRG Group #557-558 - Tendonitis, myositis and bursitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #557-558 - Tendonitis, myositis and bursitis without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M72.8 - Other fibroblastic disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M72.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M72.8 and a single ICD9 code, 728.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.