ICD-10-CM Code N92.6
Irregular menstruation, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N92.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of irregular menstruation, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N92 is used to code Menstrual disorder
A menstrual disorder is an abnormal condition in a woman's menstrual cycle.
|ICD 9 Codes:||626,|
Coding Notes for N92.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Irregular bleeding NOS
- Irregular periods NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Irregular menstruation with:
- Lengthened intervals or scanty bleeding (N91.3-N91.5) - instead, use code N91.3-
- Shortened intervals or excessive bleeding - instead, use code N92.1
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N92.6 - Irregular menstruation, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N92.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N92.6 and a single ICD9 code, 626.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.