ICD-10-CM Code P04.1
Newborn (suspected to be) affected by other maternal medication
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Newborn OnlyCode is only used for patients less than 1 year old.
P04.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of newborn (suspected to be) affected by other maternal medication. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for P04.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Newborn (suspected to be) affected by cancer chemotherapy
- Newborn (suspected to be) affected by cytotoxic drugs
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dysmorphism due to warfarin - instead, use code Q86.2
- Fetal hydantoin syndrome - instead, use code Q86.1
- Maternal use of drugs of addiction - instead, use code P04.4-
- DRG Group #794 - Neonate with other significant problems.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Fetal or neonatal effect of diethylstilbestrol transmitted via placenta and/or breast milk (disorder)
- Infant hypothyroidism due to maternal drug (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P04.1 - Newborn (suspected to be) affected by other maternal medication'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P04.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code P04.1 and a single ICD9 code, 760.78 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: P04 - Newborn (suspected to be) affected by noxious substances transmitted via placenta or breast milk