ICD-10-CM Code R32
Unspecified urinary incontinence
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
R32 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified urinary incontinence. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code R32 is used to code Enuresis
Enuresis (from the Ancient Greek ἐνούρησις / enoúrēsis), refers to a repeated inability to control urination. Use of the term is usually limited to describing individuals old enough to be expected to exercise such control. Involuntary urination is also known as urinary incontinence.
|MeSH Codes:||D004775, D004775|
|ICD 9 Codes:||788.30, 307.6|
A child may ignore the body's signal of a full bladder in order to engage in a joyous activity, such as playing on a playground.
Coding Notes for R32 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Enuresis NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Functional urinary incontinence - instead, use code R39.81
- Nonorganic enuresis - instead, use code F98.0
- Stress incontinence and other specified urinary incontinence (N39.3-N39.4-) - instead, use code N39.3-
- Urinary incontinence associated with cognitive impairment - instead, use code R39.81
- DRG Group #695-696 - Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms with MCC.
- DRG Group #695-696 - Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Nocturnal AND diurnal enuresis (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R32 - Unspecified urinary incontinence'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R32. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 788.30 was previously used, R32 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.