ICD-10-CM Code R41.8
Other symptoms and signs involving cognitive functions and awareness
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code R41.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of R41.8 that describes the diagnosis 'oth symptoms and signs w cognitive functions and awareness' in more detail.
- R41.8 Other symptoms and signs involving cognitive functions and awareness NON-BILLABLE
- R41.81 cognitive NON-BILLABLE
- R41.82 NON-BILLABLE
- R41.83 NON-BILLABLE
- R41.84 Other cognitive NON-BILLABLE
- R41.840 Attention and concentration deficit NON-BILLABLE
- R41.841 Cognitive communication deficit NON-BILLABLE
- R41.842 Visuospatial deficit NON-BILLABLE
- R41.843 Psychomotor deficit NON-BILLABLE
- R41.844 Frontal lobe and executive function deficit NON-BILLABLE
- R41.89 Other symptoms and signs involving cognitive functions and awareness NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code R418 is used to code Anosognosia
Anosognosia (/æˌnɒsɒɡˈnoʊziə/, /æˌnɒsɒɡˈnoʊʒə/; from Ancient Greek ἀ- a-, "without", νόσος nosos, "disease" and γνῶσις gnōsis, "knowledge") is a deficit of self-awareness, a condition in which a person who suffers some disability seems unaware of the existence of his or her disability. It was first named by the neurologist Joseph Babinski in 1914. Anosognosia results from physiological damage to brain structures, typically to the parietal lobe or a diffuse lesion on the fronto-temporal-parietal area in the right hemisphere. Whilst this distinguishes the condition from denial, which is a psychological defense mechanism, attempts have been made at a unified explanation. Anosognosia is sometimes accompanied by asomatognosia, a form of neglect in which patients deny ownership of their limbs.
|ICD 9 Code:||780.9|
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'R41.8 - Other symptoms and signs involving cognitive functions and awareness'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code R41.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.