ICD-10-CM Code S25.1
Injury of innominate or subclavian artery
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code S25.1 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of S25.1 that describes the diagnosis 'injury of innominate or subclavian artery' in more detail.
- S25.1 Injury of innominate or subclavian artery NON-BILLABLE
- S25.10 of innominate or subclavian artery NON-BILLABLE
- S25.11 of innominate or subclavian artery NON-BILLABLE
- S25.12 of innominate or subclavian artery NON-BILLABLE
- S25.19 of innominate or subclavian artery NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code S25 is used to code Chest injury
A chest injury is any form of physical injury to the chest including the ribs, heart and lungs. Chest injuries account for 25% of all deaths from traumatic injury. Typically chest injuries are caused by blunt mechanisms such as motor vehicle collisions or penetrating mechanisms such as stabbings.
|MeSH Codes:||D013898, D013898|
|ICD 9 Codes:||959.11, 959.11|
A chest X-ray of a right sided pulmonary contusion associated with flail chest and subcutaneous emphysema
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code