ICD-10-CM Code T33
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T33 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of T33 that describes the diagnosis 'superficial frostbite' in more detail.
- T33 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.0 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.01 Superficial frostbite of ear NON-BILLABLE
- T33.02 Superficial frostbite of nose NON-BILLABLE
- T33.09 Superficial frostbite of other part of head NON-BILLABLE
- T33.1 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.2 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.3 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.4 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.5 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.6 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.60 Superficial frostbite of unspecified hip and thigh NON-BILLABLE
- T33.61 Superficial frostbite of right hip and thigh NON-BILLABLE
- T33.62 Superficial frostbite of left hip and thigh NON-BILLABLE
- T33.7 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.8 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
- T33.9 Superficial frostbite NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T33 is used to code Aerosol burn
an aerosol burn is an injury to the skin caused by the pressurized gas within an aerosol spray cooling quickly, with the sudden drop in temperature sufficient to cause frostbite to the applied area. medical studies have noted an increase of this practice, known as "frosting", in pediatric and teenage patients.
|MeSH Codes:||D005627, D005627, D005627, D005627|
|ICD 9 Codes:||991.0, 991.1, 991.2, 991.3|
Aerosol Frostbite to the hand
Coding Notes for T33 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Frostbite with partial thickness skin loss
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code T33
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'T33 - Superficial frostbite'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code T33. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.