ICD-10-CM Code T36.2
Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of chloramphenicol group
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T36.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of T36.2 that describes the diagnosis 'chloramphenicol group' in more detail.
- T36.2 Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of chloramphenicol group NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X Poisoning by, adverse effect of and underdosing of chloramphenicol group NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X1 Poisoning by chloramphenicol group, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X2 Poisoning by chloramphenicol group, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X3 Poisoning by chloramphenicol group, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X4 Poisoning by chloramphenicol group, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X5 Adverse effect of chloramphenicol group NON-BILLABLE
- T36.2X6 Underdosing of chloramphenicol group NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T36 is used to code Drug overdose
The term drug overdose (or simply overdose or OD) describes the ingestion or application of a drug or other substance in quantities greater than are recommended or generally practiced. An overdose may result in a toxic state or death.
|MeSH Codes:||D062787, D062787, D062787|
|ICD 9 Codes:||960, 970, 979|
Activated carbon is a commonly used agent for decontamination of the gastrointestinal tract in overdoses.