ICD-10-CM Code T56.8
Toxic effects of other metals
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T56.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of T56.8 that describes the diagnosis 'toxic effects of other metals' in more detail.
- T56.8 Toxic effects of other metals NON-BILLABLE
- T56.81 Toxic of NON-BILLABLE
- T56.811 Toxic effect of thallium, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T56.812 Toxic effect of thallium, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T56.813 Toxic effect of thallium, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T56.814 Toxic effect of thallium, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
- T56.89 Toxic effects of other metals NON-BILLABLE
- T56.891 Toxic effect of other metals, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T56.892 Toxic effect of other metals, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T56.893 Toxic effect of other metals, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T56.894 Toxic effect of other metals, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T568 is used to code Argyria
Argyria or argyrosis (from Ancient Greek: ἄργυρος argyros silver) is a condition caused by inappropriate exposure to chemical compounds of the element silver, or to silver dust. The most dramatic symptom of argyria is that the skin turns blue or bluish-grey. It may take the form of generalized argyria or local argyria. Generalized argyria affects large areas over much of the visible surface of the body. Local argyria shows in limited regions of the body, such as patches of skin, parts of the mucous membrane or the conjunctiva.
|ICD 9 Code:||985.8|
Generalized argyria in a 92-year-old male.