ICD-10-CM Code T60
Toxic effect of pesticides
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code T60 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of T60 that describes the diagnosis 'toxic effect of pesticides' in more detail.
- T60 Toxic effect of pesticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.0 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.1 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.1X Toxic effect of halogenated insecticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.2 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.2X Toxic effect of other insecticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.3 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.3X Toxic effect of herbicides and fungicides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.4 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.4X Toxic effect of rodenticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.8 Toxic effect of pesticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.8X Toxic effect of other pesticides NON-BILLABLE
- T60.9 Toxic effect of NON-BILLABLE
- T60.91 Toxic effect of unspecified pesticide, accidental (unintentional) NON-BILLABLE
- T60.92 Toxic effect of unspecified pesticide, intentional self-harm NON-BILLABLE
- T60.93 Toxic effect of unspecified pesticide, assault NON-BILLABLE
- T60.94 Toxic effect of unspecified pesticide, undetermined NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code T60 is used to code Health effects of pesticides
Health effects of pesticides may be acute or delayed in those who are exposed. A 2007 systematic review found that "most studies on non-Hodgkin lymphoma and leukemia showed positive associations with pesticide exposure" and thus concluded that cosmetic use of pesticides should be decreased. Strong evidence also exists for other negative outcomes from pesticide exposure including neurological problems, birth defects, fetal death, and neurodevelopmental disorder.
|ICD 9 Code:||989.4|
A sign warning about potential pesticide exposure.
Coding Notes for T60 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Toxic effect of wood preservatives
7th Character Extension Notes:
What is 7th Character Extension?For codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character a placeholder 'X' should be assigned for all characters less than 6. The 7th character must always be the 7th position of a code. E.g. The ICD-10-CM code T67.4 (Heat exhaustion due to salt depletion) requires an Episode of Care identifier. T67.4XXA Initial Encounter or T67.4XXD Subsequent Encounter. More Info
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category See Code T60