ICD-10-CM Code B35.0
Tinea barbae and tinea capitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
B35.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of tinea barbae and tinea capitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code B350 is used to code Dermatophytosis
Dermatophytosis is a clinical condition caused by fungal infection of the skin in humans, pets such as cats, and domesticated animals such as sheep, goats and cattle. The most common term for the infection, "ringworm", is a misnomer, since the condition is caused by fungi of several different species and not by parasitic worms. The fungi that cause parasitic infection, collectively dermatophytes, feed on keratin, the material found in the outer layer of skin, hair, and nails. These fungi thrive on warm and moist skin, but may also survive directly on the outsides of hair shafts or in their interiors. In pets, the fungus responsible for the disease survives in skin and on the outer surface of hairs.
|ICD 9 Code:||110.9|
Ringworm on a human leg.
Coding Notes for B35.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Beard ringworm
- Scalp ringworm
- Sycosis, mycotic
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #606-607 - Minor skin disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tinea capitis due to Microsporum audouinii (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Microsporum equinum (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Microsporum ferrugineum (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Microsporum fulvum (disorder)
- Tinea barbae due to Microsporum gypseum (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Trichophyton quinckeanum (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Trichophyton verrucosum (disorder)
- Tinea capitis due to Trichophyton violaceum (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'B35.0 - Tinea barbae and tinea capitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code B35.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 110.0 was previously used, B35.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.