ICD-10-CM Code E28.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
E28.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of estrogen excess. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E28 is used to code Ovarian disease
Coding Notes for E28.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E28.0 - Estrogen excess'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E28.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 256.0 was previously used, E28.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.