ICD-10-CM Section E36
Intraoperative complications of endocrine system
- E36 Intraoperative complications of endocrine system NON-BILLABLE
- E36.0 Intraoperative of endocrine system NON-BILLABLE
- E36.1 of endocrine system NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E36.8 complications of endocrine system
Coding Notes for Section E36
- Section Notes:
- All neoplasms, whether functionally active or not, are classified in Chapter 2. Appropriate codes in this chapter (i.e. E05.8, E07.0, Section E16-E31, E34.-) may be used as additional codes to indicate either functional activity by neoplasms and ectopic endocrine tissue or hyperfunction and hypofunction of endocrine glands associated with neoplasms and other conditions classified elsewhere.
Section Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Transitory endocrine and metabolic disorders specific to newborn - instead, use Section P70-P74