ICD-10-CM Section E00-E07
Disorders of thyroid gland
- E05 Thyrotoxicosis [hyperthyroidism] NON-BILLABLE
- E05.0 Thyrotoxicosis NON-BILLABLE
- E05.1 Thyrotoxicosis NON-BILLABLE
- E05.2 Thyrotoxicosis NON-BILLABLE
- E05.3 Thyrotoxicosis NON-BILLABLE
- E05.4 Thyrotoxicosis NON-BILLABLE
- E05.8 NON-BILLABLE
- E05.9 NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for Section E00-E07
- Section Notes:
- All neoplasms, whether functionally active or not, are classified in Chapter 2. Appropriate codes in this chapter (i.e. E05.8, E07.0, Section E16-E31, E34.-) may be used as additional codes to indicate either functional activity by neoplasms and ectopic endocrine tissue or hyperfunction and hypofunction of endocrine glands associated with neoplasms and other conditions classified elsewhere.
Section Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Transitory endocrine and metabolic disorders specific to newborn - instead, use Section P70-P74