ICD-10-CM Code E06.3
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E06.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of autoimmune thyroiditis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E063 is used to code Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Hashimoto's thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is attacked by a variety of cell- and antibody-mediated immune processes, causing primary hypothyroidism. It was the first disease to be recognized as an autoimmune disease. It was first described by the Japanese specialist Hakaru Hashimoto in a paper published in Germany in 1912.
|MeSH Codes:||D050031, D013967|
|ICD 9 Codes:||245.2,|
Coding Notes for E06.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Hashitoxicosis (transient)
- Lymphadenoid goiter
- Lymphocytic thyroiditis
- Struma lymphomatosa
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E06.3 - Autoimmune thyroiditis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E06.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 245.2 was previously used, E06.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.