ICD-10-CM Code E03.4
Atrophy of thyroid (acquired)
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E03.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of atrophy of thyroid (acquired). A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E03 is used to code Goitre
A goitre (from the Latin gutteria, struma) is a swelling of the neck or larynx resulting from enlargement of the thyroid gland (thyromegaly), associated with a thyroid gland that is not functioning properly.
|ICD 9 Code:||240.9|
Diffuse hyperplasia of the thyroid
Coding Notes for E03.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital atrophy of thyroid - instead, use code E03.1
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E03.4 - Atrophy of thyroid (acquired)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E03.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E03.4 and a single ICD9 code, 246.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.