ICD-10-CM Code F10.2
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F10.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of F10.2 that describes the diagnosis 'alcohol dependence' in more detail.
- F10.2 Alcohol dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F10.20 Alcohol
- BILLABLE F10.21 Alcohol
- F10.22 Alcohol dependence NON-BILLABLE
- F10.23 Alcohol dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F10.24 Alcohol dependence
- F10.25 Alcohol dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F10.26 Alcohol dependence
- BILLABLE F10.27 Alcohol dependence
- F10.28 Alcohol dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F10.29 Alcohol dependence
The ICD code F102 is used to code Disease theory of alcoholism
Coding Notes for F10.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Alcohol abuse - instead, use code F10.1-
- Alcohol use, unspecified - instead, use code F10.9-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Toxic effect of alcohol - instead, use code T51.0-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Acute alcoholic intoxication in alcoholism (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F10.2 - Alcohol dependence'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F10.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.