ICD-10-CM Code F15.98
Other stimulant use, unspecified with other stimulant-induced disorder
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F15.98 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of F15.98 that describes the diagnosis 'oth stimulant use, unsp with oth stimulant-induced disorder' in more detail.
- F15.98 Other stimulant use, unspecified with other stimulant-induced disorder NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F15.980 Other stimulant use, unspecified with stimulant-induced disorder
- BILLABLE F15.981 Other stimulant use, unspecified with stimulant-induced
- BILLABLE F15.982 Other stimulant use, unspecified with stimulant-induced disorder
- BILLABLE F15.988 Other stimulant use, unspecified with other stimulant-induced disorder
The ICD code F15 is used to code Substance dependence
Substance dependence also known as drug dependence is an adaptive state that develops from repeated drug administration, and which results in withdrawal upon cessation of drug use. A drug addiction, a distinct concept from substance dependence, is defined as compulsive, out-of-control drug use, despite negative consequences. An addictive drug is a drug which is both rewarding and reinforcing. ΔFosB, a gene transcription factor, is now known to be a critical component and common factor in the development of virtually all forms of behavioral addiction and drug addictions, but not dependence.
|MeSH Codes:||D019966, D019966, D019966, D019966, D019966, D013375|
|ICD 9 Codes:||303, 304, 303, 304, 305, 292.0|
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F15.98 - Other stimulant use, unspecified with other stimulant-induced disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F15.98. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.