ICD-10-CM Code O99.33
Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code O99.33 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of O99.33 that describes the diagnosis 'smoking (tobacco) comp pregnancy, chldbrth, and the puerp' in more detail.
- O99.33 Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE O99.330 Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy,
- BILLABLE O99.331 Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy,
- BILLABLE O99.332 Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy,
- BILLABLE O99.333 Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy,
- BILLABLE O99.334 Smoking (tobacco) complicating
- BILLABLE O99.335 Smoking (tobacco) complicating the puerperium
The ICD code O993 is used to code Chorea gravidarum
Chorea gravidarum is a rare type of chorea which presents with involuntary abnormal movement, characterized by abrupt, brief, nonrhythmic, nonrepetitive movement of any limb, often associated with nonpatterned facial grimaces. It is a complication of pregnancy which can be associated with eclampsia and its effects upon the basal ganglia. It is not an etiologically or pathologically distinct morbid entity but a generic term for chorea of any cause starting during pregnancy. It is associated with history of Sydenham's chorea. It mostly occurs in young patients; the average age is 22 years.
Coding Notes for O99.33 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code from See Code F17 to identify type of tobacco
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O99.33 - Smoking (tobacco) complicating pregnancy, childbirth, and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O99.33. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.