ICD-10-CM Code O99.89
Other specified diseases and conditions complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
Maternity OnlyCode is only used for diagnoses related to pregnancy.
O99.89 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified diseases and conditions complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #781 - Other antepartum diagnoses with medical complications.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Severe pre-eclampsia - delivered with postnatal complication (disorder)
- Obstetrical complication of general anesthesia (disorder)
- Musculoskeletal problem in pregnancy (disorder)
- Obstetric blood-clot pulmonary embolism - delivered (disorder)
- Idiopathic osteoporosis in pregnancy (disorder)
- Tumor of uterine body - baby delivered with postpartum complication (disorder)
- Obstetric anesthesia with pulmonary complications - delivered with postnatal problem (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'O99.89 - Other specified diseases and conditions complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code O99.89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code O99.89 and a single ICD9 code, 646.93 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.
Parent Code: O99.8 - Other specified diseases and conditions complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium