ICD-10-CM Code P23
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P23 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of P23 that describes the diagnosis 'congenital pneumonia' in more detail.
- P23 Congenital pneumonia NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P23.0 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.1 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.2 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.3 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.4 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.5 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.6 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.8 Congenital pneumonia
- BILLABLE P23.9 Congenital
The ICD code P23 is used to code Bronchopneumonia
Bronchopneumonia, bronchial pneumonia or bronchogenic pneumonia (not to be confused with lobar pneumonia) is the acute inflammation of the walls of the bronchioles. It is a type of pneumonia characterized by multiple foci of isolated, acute consolidation, affecting one or more pulmonary lobules.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Pulmonology|
|MeSH Codes:||D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014, D011014|
|ICD 9 Codes:||480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 770.0|
Coding Notes for P23 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Infective pneumonia acquired in utero or during birth
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Neonatal pneumonia resulting from aspiration - instead, use code P24.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P23 - Congenital pneumonia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P23. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.