ICD-10-CM Code P58
Neonatal jaundice due to other excessive hemolysis
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P58 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of P58 that describes the diagnosis 'neonatal jaundice due to other excessive hemolysis' in more detail.
- P58 Neonatal jaundice due to other excessive hemolysis NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P58.0 Neonatal jaundice due to
- BILLABLE P58.1 Neonatal jaundice due to
- BILLABLE P58.2 Neonatal jaundice due to
- BILLABLE P58.3 Neonatal jaundice due to
- P58.4 Neonatal jaundice due to NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P58.5 Neonatal jaundice due to
- BILLABLE P58.8 Neonatal jaundice due to other excessive hemolysis
- BILLABLE P58.9 Neonatal jaundice due to excessive
The ICD code P58 is used to code Neonatal jaundice
Neonatal jaundice or Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia, or Neonatal icterus (from the Greek word ἴκτερος), attributive adjective: icteric, is a yellowing of the skin and other tissues of a newborn infant. A bilirubin level of more than 85 μmol/l (5 mg/dL) leads to a jaundiced appearance in neonates whereas in adults a level of 34 μmol/l (2 mg/dL) is needed for this to occur. In newborns, jaundice is detected by blanching the skin with pressure applied by a finger so that it reveals underlying skin and subcutaneous tissue. Jaundiced newborns have yellow discoloration of the white part of the eye, and yellowing of the face, extending down onto the chest.
|ICD 9 Code:||773.774|
Jaundice in newborn
Coding Notes for P58 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Jaundice due to isoimmunization - instead, use Section P55-P57
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P58 - Neonatal jaundice due to other excessive hemolysis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P58. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.