ICD-10-CM Code P72
Other transitory neonatal endocrine disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code P72 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of P72 that describes the diagnosis 'other transitory neonatal endocrine disorders' in more detail.
- P72 Other transitory neonatal endocrine disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE P72.0
- BILLABLE P72.1 neonatal
- BILLABLE P72.2 Other transitory neonatal disorders
- BILLABLE P72.8 Other transitory neonatal endocrine disorders
- BILLABLE P72.9 neonatal endocrine
Coding Notes for P72 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital hypothyroidism with or without goiter (E03.0-E03.1) - instead, use code E03.0-
- Dyshormogenetic goiter - instead, use code E07.1
- Pendred's syndrome - instead, use code E07.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'P72 - Other transitory neonatal endocrine disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code P72. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.